RUN FOR HIM 5K & 10K
Saturday, September 1, 2018
on Labor Day Weekend!
The RUN FOR HIM 5K & 10K is a wonderful day of fellowship and fun to remember a young man who made his life count! Join us for a day of running, fun, fellowship and yummy homemade food while we joyfully celebrate the life of Bruce Gilley and his love for missions memorialized through work of the Bruce Gilley Memorial Foundation. All are welcome – runners, walkers, volunteers and friends! This race course is FAST, FLAT and ACCURATE!
The Bruce Gilley Memorial Foundation is committed to sending young people to Christian camps and on missions around the world. Come and show your support for a worthwhile cause. Proceeds from RUN FOR HIM 5K & 10K benefits the BRUCE GILLEY MEMORIAL FOUNDATION (501C3 non-profit).
RACE DAY INFO:
START TIME: 10K Start: 7:00 a.m. | 5K Start: 7:20 a.m.
The 5K route will also serve as the first half of the 10K route. Both races will finish at the same location. A course map will also be located under the pavilion. > Go to http://www.runforhim.org/race to see a race map.
- PARKING> Please enter the Belle Aire Baptist Church at the front entrance – the parking lot that enters from the North Rutherford Blvd. main entrance. No parking is allowed along the road. Park early as lane closures will begin to prepare for the start of the race.
- CHIP TIMING> Timing chips will be included in your race number. Chip timing will consist of both a START and FINISH mat for accurate individual timing.
- WEATHER> This will be a rain or shine event with no rain date.
- MEDICAL NEEDS> Medical supplies and volunteers will be located at both water stations and the finish line area. Emergency Response stations are located within 5 minutes of the church.
- WATER STATIONS> There will be two water stations located at miles 2.5 and 4. AWARDS > TOP 3 overall MALE and FEMALE awards for both races. MALE & FEMALE AGE GROUP awards will be based on a percentage of participation within each age group.
- FUNDRAISER MERCHANDISE > Fundraiser Shirts, Sweatshirts, Hats and mroe available for purchase at Packet Pickup and Race Day (proceeds go to Bruce Gilley Memorial Foundation)
Click Become a Race Sponsor and invest in the lives of young people in our community and help enable them to love and serve people all over the world!
Thank You for Your Participation & Support
We are excited to see Bruce’s calling for missions grow through The Bruce Gilley Memorial Foundation! The foundation sent students to the following countries and local church camps: Colombia, South America, Dominican Republic, China, Haiti, Ethiopia, New York, The World Race/Several Countries, Student Life, Young Life & Student Leadership, X-Fuge camps and more. Bruce’s desire was to be a missionary when he grew up. We are so in AWE of how God continues to bless us through the Foundation. We are tremendously thankful to share Bruce’s love for others and his passion to spread the Word of Jesus Christ with thousands of people all over the world. > Learn more about Bruce
“How can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!'” – Romans 10:15
Buy a Fundraiser Shirt
This is a NEXT LEVEL soft-style fundraiser shirt of Bruce Gilley’s quote: “He died for me, I’ll live for Him.”
Race & Fundraiser proceeds go to the Bruce Gilley Memorial Foundation which raises funds for teens and young adults to go to Christian missions, camps and educational opportunities who would otherwise not be able to go. (501C3 – non-profit)
RUN FOR HIM 2017
RUN FOR HIM 2016
RUN FOR HIM 2015
- 5K & 10K Overall
- 5K & 10K Age Group Results
- RACE PHOTOS from 501 Concepts
- RACE PHOTOS on Flickr by Delisa Locke & Pam Arms
RUN FOR HIM 2014
RUN FOR HIM 2013